Pregnancy, birth and early parenting information now available across WA with new app
The WA Country Health Service (WACHS), in partnership with the Health Consumers’ Council WA (HCC), have launched the My Baby WA app – providing pregnancy, birth and baby information to Western Australian parents at the touch of a button.
The app features evidence-based information to aid families with:
- maternity, newborn and child health-related services in the user’s location
- tips tailored to the parents using its unique mother and father or partner mode
- a pregnancy timeline with reminders and an antenatal care schedule
- pregnancy progress information such as foetal size and development
- a Baby Bumps photo gallery and Noongar lullabies
- the ability to track appointments and tests
- examples and types of questions to ask at antenatal appointments
- the opportunity to provide feedback on care received through a Women’s Experience of Maternity Services (WEMS) survey.
Tarryn Sharp from the WACHS Maternal Health Improvement Project said the new app was designed to reduce the number of handouts and publications expectant parents receive.