Having a baby is a life changing experience. Red Cross Family Support understands that some families can be overwhelmed by these changes.
Family Support offer in home help with a volunteer matched with a parent who is socially isolated from usual support networks including multiple birth families and those experiencing Post Natal Depression or Anxiety and undertakes a weekly home visit to provide:
- Hands on assistance with care of children
- Help parents develop family life skills
- Provide companionship and support
- Promote family harmony and reduce stress
- Assist mothers to bond with their babies
- Allow mothers to spend time with other children
- Assist to build parent’s confidence by skill building and role modelling and improve their wellbeing and resilience by assisting to link into their community
- Offer respite, for parents to have a short break to recharge
They also have specific support for migrant and multicultural families and they are also a registered NDIS provider for families with family members with a disability. In addition, they have services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.